Dear Baby Fox,
Happy Thanksgiving my sweet Georgia peach! You made me one very happy lady when you allowed me to eat all of my Thanksgiving food without getting sick. How did you know I needed that? I'm loving you more and more all the time! :)
My list of things I'm thankful for have changed so much over the years, but especially in the last couple of weeks. I'm thankful for your beating heart and squirmy body, for your fingers and toes and even your ability to poo and pee now. It warms my heart knowing you're able to suck your thumb and respond to touch. You have already made the world a much happier place, and you're not even out to enjoy it yet.
I'm finally starting to have more good days than bad. The first weeks were rough, sweet baby, but I hear babies like you are worth it all. Please keep growing big and strong, and feel free to really bounce around in there. I'm so looking forward to the first time I get to feel you wiggle your sweet little body. Disclaimer: I'll probably cry, but keep moving...those are happy tears.
This was a very precious holiday to your dad and me. We talked, though, about how next year's Thanksgiving weekend will be way better since you will be there to enjoy it with us. Oh, so much to look forward to. There's a lot we can't wait to teach you and show you. From rolling over to your first steps, to riding bikes and the importance of forgiveness, we're anxious to be by your side through it all. It's our hope and prayer that, in everything we do and say, your sweet heart would soften to the love of Jesus and that one day, He would become your Savior and King. That's the only thing that matters.
All my heart, Mama
- How far along?: 13 weeks 6 days
- Baby is the size of a: Peach
- The Bump: Those who know me can tell
- Symptoms: Having more good days than bad, for the most part. Still having pukey nights but my days are 2 or 3 good days for every bad day. Super dry skin, especially on my arms and legs. The only perk is that my makeup doesn't smear throughout the day like it used to.
- Food Cravings: Mashed Potatoes
- Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Sophie's dog food still...the "new" smell of our new refrigerator has been surprisingly bothersome.
- Sleep: Better! Peeing less at night and able to fall asleep faster. According to Brett, I am sleeping through every loud noise these days...but he could be lying ;)
- What I miss: I want to go to a tanning bed.
- Weddings Rings On or Off: On
- Any Names Picked Out Yet: Yet another miracle: we are almost officially decided on a girls name! Who would have thought the two of us would ever agree on this topic?!? Boy names, however, are a whole different story...NOT seeing eye to eye.
- Gender Prediction: I still think it's a girl, but I've been having dreams these last few weeks that it's a boy.
- Movement: Not officially. I am starting to lay still in bed every night and pay attention to every noise or bubble I feel...I don't want to miss these precious firsts!
- Maternity Clothes: Finally. Why do women fight maternity jeans?! They are so beyond comfortable. And cute. Thankful for friends who have lended me their mama clothes to help get me through! I think I'll be set for a while.
- Labor Signs: None.
- Best Moment of the Week: Eating two Thanksgiving meals and keeping all of the food down!
- What I’m excited about/looking forward to: Feeling this baby dance!