Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fearfully and Wonderfully

Last night I saw one of the most beautiful black and white pictures ever. It was a small, simple picture that represented big, complex things. At first glance, all I saw was hope. But the more I looked at the picture, the more I saw things like beauty and amazement and wonder. Feelings overwhelmed me and my eyes flooded with tears. Our God is so, so good!

Last night my family gathered together, and my brother and his wife announced that they're expecting a baby boy. We laughed and cried and couldn't stop staring at the ultrasound picture. How could a 3x5 fuzzy, colorless picture display so much life? Because our God is good. He is the Author and Creator of life, and if He cares enough about the sparrow to provide it with nourishment, how much more does He care about this baby? Enough to form his heart. Enough to give him fingers and toes and a brain and a mouth. The Creator of the Universe is intricately weaving this baby boy into a precious, healthy child. Fearfully and wonderfully!

We have so much to praise Him for. Congratulations, Kyle and Lydia. And keep growing and kicking for another 20 weeks so I can squeeze you, sweet baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment