Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Movie Critque, about 10 Years too Late

Here's the long awaited explanation as to why I hate The Notebook. My expectation was high, due to all the hype about the movie months before I ever saw it. I was severely disappointed that we have decided to accept and even applaud childish games in relationships. The film romanticized screaming profanities at each other and cheating on your fiancé and premarital sex, for that matter. It encouraged basing decisions on how you feel in the heat of the moment. I strongly believe in Ultimate Truth and a Love so great, you don't have to cheat on anyone to be loved because love isn't be a game at all. Their story was not only childish and pathetic, but it coincidently implied that loving someone is only true love if, after making a series of bad decisions, you still decide to do whatever it takes to get what you want, even if it means hurting others along the way. Call me cynical. I kind of am. But I'm right.

No comments:

Post a Comment