Monday, May 6, 2013

Dear Baby Fox (37 Weeks)

Dear Baby Fox (37 weeks)



Dear Baby Fox,
  Last weekend, your daddy and I had to do something very difficult. We spent an afternoon at the funeral of a little baby boy. I was sooo looking forward to the two of you becoming buddies and growing up together. I was looking forward to raising a beautiful boy alongside my friend. But baby, sometimes God has other things in mind. Sometimes He does things we don't understand. He allows us to feel hurt and pain we don't want to feel.
  There are two things I want you to know from this. One, I want you to understand that God is good all the time, in every season, no matter what. His love for us far outweighs the trials we'll face, and He is always prepared to give us the grace we need to endure hard times. Two, there will be a lot of times in life when things are going well for you and not for someone else, and vice versa.  In these times, be sensitive to others. Don't focus on yourself...the Bible says we are to always look for opportunities to serve and encourage others. No matter how great or how hard life can get, promise me you'll do just that, sweet baby boy.
  Three more weeks. I am so ready to meet you! There's a part of me that just wants you to stay put because you seem so safe there. But there's another part of me that really wants you to come so I can hold you and kiss you and know you're ok. I'm going to miss all your sweet kicks and hiccups and your constant company. There are so many more things I can't wait to discover about you, but discovering you here these last nine months has been the most beautiful season of my life. I love you, boy.
Love, Mama


  • How far along?: 37 weeks
  • Baby is the size of a:  He should now be about the size he'll be when he's born, with the exception of half a pound or two...CRAZY
  • The Bump: Closer and closer to my feet
  • Symptoms: Braxton Hicks contractions, crazy hot all the time, nauseous again, acid reflux, exhausted, dizzy when standing too long...
  • Food Cravings: Icecream...it's so stinkin' hot! And since I haven't gained any weight in the last 3 weeks, I don't even feel guilty eating it!
  • Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Eating. I'll get hungry but can only eat a little bit before I feel super full, then heartburn/acid reflux kicks in. A few minutes later, I'm hungry again. This kid is taking up too much space!
  • Sleep: I hear I'll enjoy it again, years down the road
  • What I miss: Getting in and out of the car without making it a four step process. Reaching the bottom of the washing machine. Picking up my dog. Resting my back against the headboard and not slowly slide down with no ability to stop myself. You know, the little things.
  • Weddings Rings On or Off: On during the day, starting to take off at night...when I'm able to!
  • Any Names Picked Out Yet: We will all know what it is soon enough!
  • Movement: He's still my little ninja!
  • Maternity Clothes: You know it's bad when you're walking into church and you feel a breeze and realize your belly hangs out of your shirt. Woopsies.
  • Labor Signs: So many contractions, plus he is head down and engaged and getting lower and lower. PRESSURE. But alas, still not dilated!
  • Best Moment of the (last few) Week(s): Honestly, there haven't been very many good moments these last 3 weeks...but spending time in prayer with my husband is so precious to me, and I'm so thankful for him
  • What I’m excited about/looking forward to: How much my life is going to change in the next 21 (give or take) days!!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment