Monday, April 15, 2013

Dear Baby Fox (34 weeks)

Dear Baby Fox (34 weeks)


Dear Baby Fox,
  Rumor has it you can now recognize songs Mama sings to you! So far you've heard a lot of JJ Heller's "Boat Song" and "I Get to be the One." I just keep wondering how cool it would be if I sang these to you in a few weeks when you're here, if your eyes would catch mine because you were familiar with what you were hearing. Hmm, the mystery will soon be solved!
  Yesterday I was able to gather with several women who love you very much to celebrate your life! We are so lucky, little man, having so many people who love and support us in our lives! I can't wait to introduce you to all of them. Just be ready...they're gonna want to cuddle you close and kiss your cheeks!
  Six weeks. Six weeks until your due date. Your dad and I can't believe how soon you'll be here! We're about to experience the greatest adventure of our lives with you. Be patient with us; we're new at this. It's my hope that no matter what happens, you will feel so loved by us and that all of us would be able to enjoy this new chapter in our lives! I love you like whoa, Kid.
Love, Mama



  • How far along?: 34 weeks
  • Baby is the size of a:  Butternut squash
  • The Bump: Slowly getting lower
  • Symptoms: I am one hot, contracting mama! I feel like I live in a sauna 24/7 and Braxton Hicks contractions are crazy ridiculous. Most don't bother me, but they get strong enough that they take my breath away and I have to stop and regroup...I'm in for a real treat when real labor contractions begin!
  • Food Cravings: Cheeseburgers
  • Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Bending over...whenever I have to lean over to put my shoes on or pick something up, I get nauseous. 
  • Sleep: it's become a favorite past time of mine
  • What I miss: taking a deep breath
  • Weddings Rings On or Off: Still on!
  • Any Names Picked Out Yet: :)
  • Movement: All the time. Sometimes it tickles. Sometimes it hurts. Sometimes he should stop. But he always makes me smile.
  • Maternity Clothes: I need to invest in a tent or two
  • Labor Signs: So many contractions when I stand or sit or lay down or anything. I secretly hope this means he'll come a week or two early :)
  • Best Moment of the (last few) Week(s): Baby shower my lovely sister and friend threw...I'm a blessed lady! 
  • What I’m excited about/looking forward to: My doctor's appt next week...anxious to hear his heartbeat and see if I'm progressing much!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment