Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Dear Baby Fox (18 Weeks)

Eighteen Weeks
Dear Baby Fox,
  Eighteen weeks. Oh my goodness, you're almost 6 inches long now!! I would say it's hard to believe, but judging by the size of my belly these days, I totally believe it! I'm  so proud of you and the progress you've made so far. Keep it up, little one!
  Christmas was extra special this year. Not only because you've been doing somersaults in your mama's belly, but because it was on Christmas day you threw your first punches and kicks!  What a strong little one you are! You moving around in me in that day really got me thinking more and more about that first Christmas. You see, God called a young girl named Mary to carry a baby boy she would name Jesus. He was going to be the Light of the World. Even though Mary probably felt pretty inadequate to be the mother of the Savior, God called her and gave her the grace to do it. 
  Granted, I'm not carrying the Son of God in my belly. But I can't help but to relate to Mary. See, Baby, I feel completely inadequate to be your mom. Not because I "don't know what I'm doing," but because it's so beyond humbling to be called by our loving Creator to be the parent of one of His children He loves so much. I can't believe God would choose ME! It's a complete honor and it's not something I take lightly. Your daddy and I will be looking to God every step of the way.
  Baby, in just a few short days we will (hopefully) find out if you're a boy or a girl. We are so excited to find out and to pick out a name for you. I personally am just excited to see you on our ultrasound. I will be able to see your little hands and feet and see your little nose and mouth. What a gift you are, sweet Baby Fox! I love you! 
Love, Mama 




  • How far along?: 18 weeks
  • Baby is the size of a:  Sweet potato
  • The Bump: Growing daily and becoming more and more itchy...can't have enough lotion these days!!
  • Symptoms: I haven't thrown up in 8 days! It's a Christmas miracle!! Blood sugar is still dropping causing nauseousness, but overall getting better!!
  • Food Cravings: Peppermint icecream
  • Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: Just the dog food still
  • Sleep: Sleeping better, finally, thanks to my body pillow!
  • What I miss: I want to go tanning :(
  • Weddings Rings On or Off: On
  • Any Names Picked Out Yet: There's finally a few on the table, but still no idea!
  • Gender Prediction: I would love a boy, but I still have this feeling God will bless us with a girl! We'll see soon!
  • Movement: Finally kicking...still not consistently but a little bit every other day or so
  • Maternity Clothes: These past two weeks I really grew in to some of my maternity shirts! Crazy how fast that happens!
  • Labor Signs: None.
  • Best Moment of the Week: Feeling three kicks on Christmas day
  • What I’m excited about/looking forward to: Finding out what sweet baby Fox is!!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment