Monday, November 19, 2012

Dear Baby Fox (11 Weeks)

(I assure you I WILL write about more than being pregnant...I'm working on a few posts that require pictures and seeing as my camera has been acting funny, the posts are delayed...so here's an old belly pic and letter to suffice until then.)


Eleven Weeks

Sweet Baby Fox,
   You keep me on my toes. I'm suddenly aware of every thing that effects your future, like me taking care of myself during this pregnancy, voting for a President that will make choices that will allow you to live in a mighty, free country. Suddenly the cool wooden steps leading in and out of our new living room no longer say "house with character" but "your baby is going to bump his/her head here" and I think those steps are now ridiculous and uncalled for. See, Baby, I made a promise to God the day I discovered you exist that I would do everything in my power to protect you and point you to Jesus. I'm just keeping my word!
   You've been a little ornery, by the way. We tried to hear your heartbeat not once, but twice, and both times you were shy and we couldn't hear. Your doctor assured your parents that this wasn't completely uncommon since you were still so tiny, but you almost gave me a heart attack. I cried and cried and begged God to continue to protect you. I just wanted the chance to feel you move and meet you for the first time and watch you grow. 
   I was convinced you were a baby boy until we finally were able to see you on an ultrasound. What a happy day. But now I think there's a little baby girl growing in my belly. Be whatever you want, we'll love you to pieces regardless! Anyway, you weren't moving like a wild man but you were wiggling your little arms and legs. Enough that it was difficult for us to catch your heart rate. We finally did though...181. And a few weeks later I got to hear your heart beat again. What a sweet, sweet sound. I was so proud of you!
   My belly has started to grow. Never have I ever been so happy not to fit into anything but sweatpants. It's so exciting watching you slowly pop out and say hello to the world. It's a beautiful but broken place. I'm confident you can make a difference here. See, people here are hurting and struggling. My prayer is that you would choose Jesus, above all else this world has to offer you, and that you would love others and have compassion on them. I pray that your Dad and I would set a good example, so that you would see a lifestyle of serving God and serving others. That's why we are all here, anyway.
  I beg you to keep growing big and strong so that your Daddy and I would get to meet you and get to know you for many, many years to come. I love you!
Love, Mama

  • How far along?: 11 weeks
  • Baby is the size of a: Lime
  • The Bump: Teeny tiny but it counts.
  • Symptoms: Throwing up all day, every day. Thankful for Zofran but it only gets me so far.
  • Food Cravings: Comfort food.
  • Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: To add to the previous list, scented laundry detergent, my kitchen, smell of my prenatals...
  • Sleep: Taking 2 3 hour naps a day on the weekends along with the usual 9 hours a night
  • What I miss: my jeans...I just bought them a few weeks ago and bam! got pregnant. they're already difficult to button
  • Weddings Rings On or Off: On
  • Any Names Picked Out Yet: We're still fighting that one out.
  • Gender Prediction: Now that I've seen the ultrasound, I think Baby Fox is a girl!
  • Movement: Notta
  • Maternity Clothes:  Not officially...just lots of leggings and yoga pants
  • Labor Signs: None.
  • Best Moment of the Week: Officially announcing our pregnancy to the world...now it actually seems real.
  • What I’m excited about/looking forward to: Looking like I have a cute bump instead of looking like I swallowed a 6 inch sub...and I'm realizing that feeling the baby move is not that far out of reach anymore! horray!

No comments:

Post a Comment