Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dear Baby Fox (The Beginning)

In the Beginning...


Dear Baby Fox,
   You, my child, have rocked my world in the most wonderful way, and I've only known you for a week. I've always loved surprises, but you top them all. Don't for a second wonder if we considered you a "mistake." You have filled our hearts with joy and we are confident in God's plan and purpose for your sweet life.
   I've dreamed of the day I discover a tiny baby is growing in my belly, but never imagined it would feel this amazing. In just one week, I've thought more about rocking you to sleep and pushing you on the swings and reading books to you than I've thought about doing those things with anyone my whole life. My heart already aches to meet you...I've got a ways to go. 
   Sweet child, you've already brought the world so much joy. As if your dad and I's overwhelming pride and joy isn't enough, you've got a whole team of close family and friends, praying for you and dying to meet you! And we haven't even told the whole world yet! You are going to have a lot of people wanting to hold you and rock you and tell you how much they love you. I hope you're cool with that.
   Baby I pray every day, at least 2000 15 times a day, that you are healthy. I beg God to keep His hand on you and protect you from harm. I pray with my whole heart that we'll see your little heart beat at our first ultrasound. I pray that you would grow big and strong so that you can make your big debut in May and we can take you home. I think you'll like our home...you can watch football with Daddy and cuddle up next to Sophie. She will love you.
   But most of all, Baby Fox, I'm praying that God would prepare your sweet heart, even now, for the day you hear His call. I pray that you would be obedient to that call, and that you would repent and fall in love with Christ because He loves you so much! I pray that God creates you to have compassion on others, and that you would impact this world deeply for Him and His Kingdom. You won't believe this, but, you know how much your daddy and I love you? Well, the Creator of the Universe loves you even more...hard to imagine, I know.
   Anyway, keep growing, my little blueberry. Can't wait to meet you!
Love, Mama

  • How far along?: (letter was written at) 7 weeks
  • Baby is the size of a: Blueberry, I believe
  • Total weight gain/loss: None
  • The Bump: Mope
  • Symptoms: Throwing up has begun in full force. Unisom worked for just a few days...usually feel better by the afternoon
  • Food Cravings: No appetite whatsoever
  • Anything Making Me Queasy or Sick: The smell of Sophie's dog food, smell of mud on her feet, smell of cardboard boxes throughout our house
  • Sleep: It's all I want to do, and it's always interrupted with potty breaks
  • What I miss: The ability to keep food down
  • Weddings Rings On or Off: On
  • Any Names Picked Out Yet: Nope. and we already fought about it. this could get ugly
  • Gender Prediction: Definitely a boy.
  • Movement: Can't wait
  • Maternity Clothes: Nope
  • Labor Signs: None.
  • Best Moment of the Week: Telling our families and a few close friends
  • What I’m excited about/looking forward to: Getting out of this first trimester...rumor has it the 2nd is Heavenly!

No comments:

Post a Comment