Monday, November 5, 2012

Goodbye Rosner

Dear Rosner,
  A short three years ago, I was a twenty-two year old girl who fell in love with you. In record time, too. One quick walk through and an offer was made. I was excited to move. I was excited to paint your walls and add my own personal touches. I was excited to have a little more independence and enjoy my space. But most of all, I was excited to see all that would happen in this house. It was a time of possibilities, and I was more than ready to embrace them! Oh, how you surpassed my expectations!
  That first Christmas was a little lonely. It was weird waking up on such a special day to no one at all. I remember getting ready as fast as I could, so that I could spend time with my family. That felt more like Christmas. That night I came home and decided I needed company. And so began my dog search. After several weeks of looking online, I came across a scrappy looking puppy whom I just had to have! Your four walls provided a home for a puppy who needed so much love and discipline and patience. It was here she learned to trust people and how to snuggle and that chewing on the furniture is unacceptable. It didn't take long for you to feel more like home.

  The next couple of months consisted of having countless people over for a variety of reasons. Bible studies, movie nights, and Halloween parties were among a few. We cooked and ate, laughed and cried. Hosting became a passion of mine. I was growing up and was so happy and content with where I was in life. Great friends, awesome family, happy home, and a dog that looked like Sasquatch. What more could I want?


  I met Brett on December 14, 2010. He showed up on my front porch and took me out for dinner. Later that night, we came back to my living room and played with Sophie. He hugged me goodnight in the foyer and I went to bed that night knowing something awesome was going to happen. And it did. Four months later, I came home from work and found Brett cooking in the kitchen. We ate and went on walk and came back home to the back porch. This is where he told me how much he loved me and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him. This is where my life changed for the better.


  On August 7th, 2011, the boy had officially moved in. We gathered with family and opened gifts and talked about our wedding. The next few months we got settled and began our lives as husband and wife. Needless to say, that Christmas? Not so lonely. We were a family and our home was full of love. Just a little over a year later I'd discover we were expecting our first baby. You were there when I told my husband and for the first bouts of morning sickness and for what turned into all day sickness. Funny, what a sweet time in life this has been. 

 "Sad" is not an adequate enough word to describe how I feel about leaving you. Yes, I am excited about a new home with new possibilities, but oh, am I sad to walk away from this place that's been so good to me. Thank you for giving me a place to mature and a place to cry and a place to grow. Thank you for being a place full of happy memories and sweet beginnings. You'll forever hold a special place in my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment